Date(s) - 11/17/2016 - 11/24/2016
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Arduino Robotics Classes
Location: (To be Determined) Please include which days of the week you are available.
Registration: To reserve a seat in the upcoming Holmdel/Lincroft Area Arduino Robotics Class, select “Registration” for $350. The balance is due at the beginning of class, payable online, or by check or cash, in person on the first night of class. If the class is cancelled, your money will be refunded.
- Where – (TBD)
- Dates – TBD
- Time – 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM for 10 weeks
- What – Hands-on robotics building, programming and problem solving
- Robot Controller – Arduino ProMini
- Cost – $350 per child for the full course, due at the beginning of the first class
- Use programming language Arduino/C++ to direct autonomous robots
- Have fun while learning S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
- Requirements – PC Laptop so that students can continue to program at home,
- Robot Kit– available at a substantial discount to students (includes everything needed to complete the robot and the class)
- Spare parts will be provided at no cost, within reason – we encourage mistakes
Programming is an abstract skill that requires a context to develop understanding. Robots provide an excellent context because they have observable actions that result from students’ programming and because they are real, tangible things. Each child will build their own robot, will learn to write source code in Arduino/C++, (a very popular computer language) and compile and download code to real, autonomous, (they think for themselves), mobile, (they get around on two wheels) robots. Knowing how to code will help students to succeed in science, technology, engineering and math, or S.T.E.M. because it helps them to think about how they think and gives them logical steps for solving everyday problems.
Bookings are closed for this event.