Location: FUBAR Labs, New Brunswick
Programming the Chibitronics LTC Chip
- First, create an artwork on paper that you would like to illuminate with LED light.
- Next, on a separate layer, create a circuit on paper using adhesive-backed copper foil, surface mount LEDs and Addressable LEDs.
- Now, clip the LTC board on the circuit layer and connect a micro USB to a laptop to provide power and programming connection
- Modify the code in Arduino and upload to the LTC device
- Provide external power to illuminate your work
Love to Code board hardware specifications:
- MCU – NXP Kinetis KL02 ARM Cortex M0+ @ 48 MHz with 32KB flash, 4KB RAM
- USB – 1x micro USB port used to power and program the board over a Y cable with micro USB and an audio jack to be connected to your smartphone)
- Expansion – 4x through holes for TXT, +5V, GND, and RGB, 6x programmable ports on clip to drive LED stickers, or used as switch / sensor inputs.
- Misc – Programming button, RGB LED
Participants must be 18 years of age or older or be accompanied by an adult for the entire program – no drop-offs.